Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Paid Hell

Quite possibly today was worse than yesterday. I will start at the begining, as to show you the true expanse of my pain.
First as I was getting dressed to go to work, I remembered that I needed a tie. CRAP! I just threw away all of my husband's ties when we moved, because in the three plus years that we have been together I have never once seen him wear a tie. So what did I wind up wearing to my first day at work? My 6 year old nephew's clip on tie. Yes folks. It came to about my bra line. Thank God for the tacky burgandy apron that I wear covered it.
My car blew a hose yesterday on the way home from my first day at work. I pulled into the drive in a cloud of steam, jumped out of the car, positive that it was going up in flames. My ever helpful husband rolled his eyes and laughed at me once once we found the cause. Well, since we are FLAT broke until Friday when my husband gets paid (all because I made him buy me a chihuahua, which was actually my money- a story for another day) I had the brilliant idea to tape the hole until I could get it fixed (do you see where this is headed?). I made it about 2 miles down the road (barely off the bridge) and pulled over in another cloud of staeam (this time not screaming) and called my husband to save the day. Thank God (again) that I had the forethought to leave for work extra early just in case. He convinced my brother in law to baby sit and came and drove me to work (as he should have to begin with, but who am I to say I told you so) and I made it to work with 10 minutes to spare.
Now my day goes from bad to worse. I am ignored. Literally ignored, as in my trainer WALKED AROUND me for the first 15 minutes that I was there. (after she showed up 5 minutes late) She had to tell everyone that her pregnancy test was negitive. Umm all well and good but couldn't this wait? After she finally was TOLD rthat I was there, my job was then to be the bitch's bitch. (pardon my french, but that was on my nametag.....) I carried everything, did everything, and she sat there and filled everyone in on why she was sad that she was not knocked up by her boyfriend (not her husband, and she is not his wife- got the idea?) Also another fun timing thing. I get to make the garlic bread (side note they use the day old bread for this so always grab a loaf of fresh and ask for them to put garlic spread on it) at the START of my shift. That means I spend the entire day smelling of garlic butter. That is enough to turn anyone's tummy.
With that small in mind, I spent the rest of the day packaging cookies. Literally over 1000 cookies passed through my hands today. INSANITY! I had no clue that they would sell that many everyday!?! Seriously, its no wonder why America is overweight when you think of that fact. (plus when you figure in all the stores that this chain has times that number, plus all the other stores out there and their numbers.....) Seriously all of you need to go on the Adtkins diet and I will be out of this job! YEAH!
Capping off my day, I had to stay late so that I could sweep the floors and wash dishes. I went to culinary school, paid $30,000 and I am being paid minimum wage to sweep? OH HELL NO!
I have to figure out a way out of this. I cannot face doing this everyday. I am very grateful that I have a job, but even benefits are NOT worth this. I am seriously considering BEGGING for another job. ANYWHERE. Or perhaps a work pardon from my husband. I am scared to ask what I would have to do for that? T-bone on the table every night at 5? Foot and back rubs FOREVER? Worse?
I think that I could handle that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment