Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Good, The Great and the Stain

This last week has been filled with substancial highs and dropping lows. I have felt the rug being swept out from underneath me. Perhaps in my case it was more like tripping and sailing completely over the rug. But I have regained my footing and am looking for the damn thing that tripped me. This post has two bouts of good news and one smattering of bad. But I am afraid that the bad is such a bitter, dark bad that it stains my good.
I believe in starting with bad news so as to get it out of the way. My husband has been in and out of the emergancy room several times over the last month. He has had a constant pain in his side that no one can diagnose. We were afraid that it was a hernia, or appendicitious but the tests have all come back negitive. The next diagnosis is cancer. The doctors think it might be cancer. That is such a big word to wrap ones head around. So many ideas flash through my head. I will save the gory details of those visions for another post, because I am not allowing myself to go there. I cannot go there until I know that I have to. From here on out it shall be refered to as the stain. We hate stains, we fight them, and we get them out. My husband will be going in for test this week to determine what, where, and how we will proceed. I will keep you posted.

Well, have you caught your footing yet? Good, moving on to good news!

The great (!) news is that my sister had her baby yesterday. This is the baby that she was told would never be. To make a long story short my sister had major surgery when she was 18, leaving behind severely damaged female organs and a vast amount of scar tissue. She was told that becoming pregnant would be difficult if not impossible. Despite those odds baby Landon Michael was born yesterday by C-section. The miricle boy weighed in at 7 lbs. 4 oz, and while not as furry as Miss Bleu and Doo-Doo he has a healthy head of dark hair. And Blue eyes (where they came from who knows as mommy and daddy are dark eyed). I am OVERJOYED at my new nephew. This is the first baby that I will be able to snuggle and cuddle and give back to mom. I cannot wait for him to be old enough to play with my babies!
The second burst of good news is that the husband and I are doing MUCH better. We talk, we cuddle, we hold hands. Its as if the stain has brought us closer than ever. I believe that this has given us a new chance at our marriage and I will fight for us as long as it takes.
This has been a lot to take in this week, I know I was there. We are doing the best we can, figuring out how all of this will play out. The babies are visiting with their grandparents and new nephew, and I look forward to joining them in a couple of days when I am off work. Thank God for my parents taking them despite the new baby developments. The husband and I needed a few days to relax and breathe. Well I need to get back to playing with my blog. I hope evryone enjoys the changes. I am still ironing out a few kinks but I am happy with the way that we are heading!

No comments:

Post a Comment