Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I don't want to go to work today

I recently went back to work, recently as in yesterday. I have been on a 3 year hiatus. otherwise known as "having babies". I was excited to go back to work. I missed people. I was tired of talking "toddler" all day. I wanted (needed) to make some money, for myself and to help my family. I needed this I would whine.

I hate it.

I said it. I 100% hated it. I miss my babies. I miss kissing their cheeks and dumping them in bed for a nap. I miss having the choice of whether to do laundry now or later. I miss taking them outside to play on the fort we built. I miss everything and everything that I hated weeks before.
I never thought that I would settle for the job that I am in. I am making minimum wage. MINIMUM WAGE! Doing something that I went to college to do. That I paid $30,000 to learn how to do. Actually I am not even doing that. I am the grunt worker in the business that I went to college to do. I sold out to coroprate and now need to cover my tattoos, wear my "casual living" uniform, and put on my cap. To slice bread. All day. And clean up after the people who do what I should do.
I won't name where I am working, to save myself and them some grief. But I am not happy there. I am actually very sad. And its only my second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment