Tuesday, June 9, 2009

mini vacation

The babies and I packed up and headed down south to spend a few days with my parents and let them get their baby fix in. They haven't seen the kids since Dub's birthday party last month so they were going through withdrawl! (and for any of you that are reading this I know for a fact that Ella was also!). It is quite a drive to come down here, 3 1/2 hours in a car with two toddlers is no easy task on one;s sanity, or their bladder for that matter. Thankfully, on Sunday my dad was working on a job at a nice, slightly over half way point, and offered to buy us lunch. So stop and eat we did. I cannot remember when I had Burgerville before this and let me tell you it was the best pepper bacon cheese burger on the planet! So delish! Because it was so good, and had been so long since I had one, I will forget that I ate those calories, or perhaps add them to a celebration catagory, thus negating it.
The babies are so happy to be visiting. They certainly do not get chocolate chocolate chip muffin or cinnamon toast for breakfast at home! I was actually informed that they have taken a vote and they decided not to return with me, under the condition that GaGa (daddy) moves in here. Umm, not likely. But they can enjoy their vacation while it lasts. We spent the day relaxing yesterday, playing in the yard and blowing bubbles. Life as usual. During that day today I managed to escape with no babies and get my hair done. It was beautiful. So peaceful and quiet. It was almost like I had no kids except for the fact that I was waiting for them to take a nap so I could shower, but instead of that I ran to the salon so I could get done without being missed! But it looks great! Thank you Jamie! See I made you FAMOUS!
Tonight we made it to the opening night of my favorite small town passtime, Tuesday Farmers Market. There is all the goodness of a traditional farmers market without the burden of being up and moving by 8 am. They have live music and tons of food (seriously my family had turkey legs, chicken nuggetts, fries, yakisoba with chicken, corndogs AND gelato. I know what you are thinking....we shared so it wasn't that bad!) Plus all the yummy local produce. Strawberries are in season right now and there is nothing better than Hood strawberries in cream. I believe that Ella sampled from EVERY booth!
After picking up our booty (1/2 flat) we ventured back with two tired and sticky babies in tow. Both are sleeping, thank goodness. No doubt preparing for tommorrow at grandmas. Where you never know what you are gonna get!

No comments:

Post a Comment